Friday, January 6, 2012

Twelve Things I’m looking forward to in ‘12


1. The following movies…

I get chills every time they start singing. I cannot wait!
 




 




This one looks comical and I’m not sure about it but I’m still seeing it anyway.



I’ll overlook Kristen Stewart's presence because this movie looks so intense and Charlize Theron looks like such a badass.

2. Books – Insurgent by Veronica Roth (sequel to Divergent). Hooray for dystopic young adult series with alliteration!

                                          Insurgent


3. Downton Abbey Season 2, which starts on Sunday (I could not be more excited!) I only watched the first season 4 times.





4.. Getting a fantastic teaching job in the same town Zach works in. I really want to be back in the classroom.

5. Reading and going to workshops to improve myself professionally. Pinterest has really given me a lot of ideas!

6. Moving. Into a different house and hopefully closer to where we work. Because right now we’re about 30 minutes from everything. Lame.

7. Visiting my Louisiana family. It’s been too long since I’ve been back and I miss everyone. Hopefully Zach and I will both be able to get down there this summer.

8. Spending more time with friends and family. I tend to keep to myself for the first few months after moving to a new place, just to get my bearings. But I hope to get out more in the coming months and enjoy the relationships that are close by :)

9. Improving my blogging skills. I have a lot of plans and want to put a lot of work into it.

10. Finally having my hair the length I want. I’ve been growing it out for over a year and I’m almost there. I hope to get it cut soon and then I just know I’ll look exactly like this:

                                                      hair

Which will be super awesome.


11. Getting a bike…and a camera. Not sure which order this will happen in. But I’ve been wanting/needing both for a while. This is similar to the bike I want:

bike

Which I know is totally hipster and not suitable for hardcore biking. I’ve always had this problem with the bikes with the gears and handbrakes. I don’t understand how to work the gears and every time I try to use the hand brakes I end up being thrown forward off the bike. So much easier just to pedal backwards like the good ole days. Plus it keeps the phrase “backpedaling” alive and relevant.

(Sidenote: Does anyone have an opinion about which camera is better, Canon vs. Nikon? Apparently in some circles it’s a very heated discussion. I’m not a professional, just a curious amateur.)


12. I’m excited to learn more and study new things. I’ve made a goal to read a book a week and actually keep track of what I read (I’ve been reading a LOT these past few months and recording none of it, terrible shame) and I’ve also got a gold key membership with Livemocha so I’m hoping to learn at least one language fluently this year.


Anyway, I make resolutions all the time, so I didn’t really want to make “New Year’s Resolutions”. And while some of these are goals that I can actually work toward I just wanted to write a post about things I’m looking forward to because 2011 was a very tough year. Zach and I agreed that 2011 was a year in which exactly only 6 things happened: he went on a road trip to Vegas, we got married, honeymoon in Chicago, he got to work for a Homebrew story, I got to be a nanny, and we learned to make Chicken Tikka Masala. Other than those things and the time we spent with friends and family, 2011 is a year we’d rather erase. So if future generations ever ask me what I did in 2011 I’ll say that was the year I got married and learned to make Chicken Tikka Masala.


Here’s to 2012!


2 comments:

  1. You can use goodreads.com to help keep track of your reading. I like being able to look back and see what I've read in recent years when I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot about goodreads but haven't tried it yet. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete