Friday, April 15, 2011

Sometimes My Brain Spits This Stuff Out

It's been the kind of week that makes you wish movies like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind were for real. And it has taken Friday a long time to get here. So this blog isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea.

But if you can appreciate where I'm coming from,

and if you've had a rough week and you need a laugh or a smile,

and if you like Bollywood,

and if you've read or just seen Twilight,

then I'm about to jump start your weekend in an amazing way.

I've been shelving this one for a while but now feels like the right time to show you.


If Bollywood did Twilight:



Anushka Sharma as Bella. Because she can pull off the plain jane look and turn into a gorgeous vampire at the end and she's a better actress than some other people who have played Bella. Maybe I would actually like the character of Bella if Anushka was in the role.









Imran Khan as Edward

He looks better with his shirt off than Robert P. in my opinion.






See? Perfect.

Cheers to Sonam Kapoor for coming in 2nd place for Bella.










Shahrukh Khan as Jasper and Kajol as Alice.
Enough said.



Mr. Abhishek Bachchan as Emmet. Good big brother type. Strong, muscular, fun loving. Arm wrestling? I'd happily lose to him.











Kareena Kapoor as Rosalee. She's gorgeous and I've seen her play rude well. She can be tough and she's the only one I can see playing the part.


Amitabh Bachchan as Carlisle. He's very kind and dignified but he can be in your face too.

Yes, he looks older than the characters are supposed to be but they all look older.

It's my movie.

Amitabh Bachchan is in it.

Period.


Madhuri Dixit as Esme. Because if I'm casting a movie Madhuri's going to be in it. Because she's an amazing actor/dancer/human being. And also just so I can meet her.



I may switch to Team Jacob just for Shahid Kapoor.









Rani Mukherjee playing Jane. I'd like to see her play a bad guy. I think she would kick some tail.

The Volturi:

Salman Khan







Sanjay Dutt...in case you can't read it on the photo.



Jackie Shroff



All 3 are great actors and I think they could be really creepy if they wanted to.




Usually Preity Zinta is the adorable one but after watching Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna and seeing this photo of her I thought she could do a nice vindictive Victoria. This photo was actually what triggered my Bollywood/Twilight musings. Thanks Preity!






And last but not least, my favorite Mr. Aamir Khan. I thought this photo very striking. Oh and he would be James.










I know it's totally random and ridiculous. It's also very "Chris". I hope it made your day better like it did mine :)


For those of you who are confused and/or think I'm a nutcase:

1. You should open your mind and watch some Hindi films.

2. Thank you.

3. I'll be back to the usual postings soon. Today I just needed a fun pick-me-up.




And yes, Zach does know how much of a dork I am.






2 comments:

  1. Being a guy, I'm not much into the "I love you so much it hurts" twilight series, but I have seen a few of the movies with my wife, and I have to say Bollywood style dances in the middle of all of the drama would be freaking hilarious. It would probably make me actually want to see them as they come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't forget the awesome fight scenes. Oldschool Bollywood fight scenes with lots of punching sound effects. It would be epic.

    ReplyDelete